About Me

My photo
In a nutshell, I'm a dreamer, an author, a poet, a reader, an equestrian, a beach goer, a horror film fanatic, a crazed zombie lover, a chocolate Reese eater, and an animal activist.


Blogs to Follow

Blogs To Follow
Wise Words - Book Blogger

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Some fun in the sun!

I have had a blast this summer. As a kid, I used to go to the beach every other weekend, but now as an adult, I am barely able to take off work to head to the beach for some fun in the sun. I have gone to the beach this summer more than I have gone in the past five years put together. Now, that's a lot!

The beach isn't a place I go to check out hot dudes with ripped abs or to bake in the sun in my bikini. It is a place I like to relax and feel comfortable, and I always end up bringing home souvenirs that most people wouldn't even think to look for while playing in the hot sand.

Do you see all those lovely rocks? They will one day be the death of me because I will literally sit in them all day, searching for indian beads and beach glass. I always end up going home with a bag full of beach goodies, but I also always end up going home with a body covered in sun burn. It's a price I'm willing to pay, though, because I love playing in the rocks and having a good old time. The first time I went, my friend and I decided to collect a bunch of big rocks and spell our names in the sand. It was pretty neat and ended up staying on the beach for the next three weeks until people eventually trampled the remains and mother nature slowly tore down our brilliant art work. The last time I went to the beach, only my friend's name remained, and it was barely legible, but I was still amazed to see something she and I had done together almost a month ago.

As for how beautiful the beach is, the sunset picture alone explains it. The way the sun bounces off the clouds and water is absolutely wonderful. It reminds me of all those times as a kid when I was taken to the beach just to watch the sun go down, just to see mother nature following her normal nighttime rituals.

There I am again, literally playing in the rocks like a little girl. I guess some things just don't change over time. --- Last but not least, it a sight just to see Chicago across the lovely Michigan Lake. At times, you can't see anything at all, but every once in a while you'll get a glimpse of the big city so small across the water. It's mesmerizing to see and totally worth the two hour drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment